In, September 26, 2014 Bravo of Manchester recall Bravo Turkey and Chicken pet foods for dogs and cats because they might be contaminated with Salmonella. Salmonella can have an effect on animals eating the products and there is risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products.
Pets presenting Salmonella infections may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, vomiting, decreased appetite, and abdominal pain. Infected but otherwise healthy pets can be carriers and infect other animals or humans.
If your pet has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, you should contact your veterinarian.
The recall was started after regular testing by the Nebraska Department of Agriculture revealed the presence of Salmonella in two lots of product. This group tested negative by a third party independent laboratory prior to release for distribution to consumers.
No additional products were affected by this recall. The company has not received reports of illness in people or animals associated with these products to date.
Bravo has chosen to voluntarily withdraw the following poultry products from the marketplace to provide its customers with the belief of safety. Those products include all sizes (2 lb., 5 lb. and 10 lb.) with best used by dates between June 20, 2016 and September 18, 2016 of:
- Bravo Chicken Blend(s)
- Bravo Turkey Blend(s)
- Bravo Balance Chicken Balance
- Bravo Balance Premium Turkey Formula frozen raw diet products
None of these products are known to have tested positive for the presence of pathogens. This market withdrawal has not been demanded by the FDA, but is being done voluntarily by Bravo.
1. These following products are being recalled because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella:
- Raw food diet Bravo! Turkey Blend for dogs and cats (Best used by date: 11-05-15; UPC: 829546311025)
- Bravo! Blends All Natural Chicken Blend diet for dogs & cats (Best used by date: 08-11-16 ; UPC: 829546211028)
2. The subsequent products are being recalled because they were produced in the same manufacturing facility or on the same day as products that tested positive:
- Premium Turkey Formula BRAVO Balance RAW DIET (Best used by date: 11-05-15; UPC: 829546314057)
- Bravo! Blends All Natural Chicken Blend diet for dogs & cats (Best used by date: 08-11-16; UPC: 829546211059)
You can see the expanded firm recall in: